CSHS: Advancing the safety, health and sustainability of the global workplace.
- OEHS Sustainability Performance Indicators
Model standards developed by CSHS and informed by the OEHS community.
- SA8000 Standards: 2014
Developed by Social Accountability International, one of the world’s first auditable social certification standards for decent workplaces, across all industrial sectors.
- ISO/CD Guide 82
Provides guidance to standards writers on how to take account of sustainability in the drafting, revision, and updating of ISO standards and similar deliverables.
- UL 880: Sustainability for Manufacturing Organizations
Provides enterprise-level sustainability requirements that are applicable across sectors and national borders.
- Maximizing the value of Occupational Health and Safety and workplace wellness reporting for a global workforce:
A practical guide for internationally operating employers
A source of increasing risk and opportunity for business (2018 ERM Global Safety Survey)
- Current Practices in Occupational Health & Safety Sustainability Reporting
This research was conducted by CSHS and provides a “snapshot” of actual occupational health and safety (OHS) reporting by analyzing reports from organizations currently considered “sustainable.”
- Occupational Safety & Health and Corporate Social Responsibility in Africa
- Best Practice Guide for Leading Health Metrics in Occupational Health and Safety Programs
Developed jointly by AIHA and the CSHS, this guidance document identifies leading health metrics for use by practitioners and managers in the occupational health and safety community to help assess success in meeting occupational health goals.
Safety and Health Sustainability in the Supply Chain
Can You Manage Supplier Impacts?
Written by Mike Wallace, a member of the CSHS Advisory Council.
- The Role in Safety and Sustainability - By Mike Wallace
- Global Influence on Safety & Health Sustainability - Speaker: Kathy Seabrook
- Green and Safe the Relationship to Sustainability - Speaker: Neil Silins
- CSHS: An Overview of ASSP's Work in the Area of Safety and Health Sustainability - Speaker: Tom Cecich
- Sustainability and Safety: A Case Study - Speaker: James Boretti
Slides & Videos
- CSHS helps propel new global protocol on human capital in business - 8/28/2018
- CSHS supports the proposal for companies to disclose human capital metrics - 6/19/2018
- CSHS study supports standardization of sustainability reporting to improve workplace safety - 8/1/2017
- Center for Safety and Health Sustainability Releases Metrics to Advance Standardized Reporting - 6/3/2016
- Feeney Joins CSHS Advisory Council - 6/30/2015
- New Study Finds Crucial Gaps and Lack of Transparency in Occupational Safety and Health Reporting – 2/11/2013
- GRI Announces OHS Working Group for G4 Development Process – 5/16/2012