The AIHA volunteer community works hand-in-hand with the association to achieve our mission to protect workers health through
- facilitation of networking and information exchange among members.
- development of products, services, and activities for educational purposes.
- development of guidelines and standards for good practice.
- development of statements to contribute to public policy debates.
- collaboration with other allied organizations.
Volunteering - What's In It For You
The volunteer experience is rewarding and reaps many benefits, both personally and professionally.
Sense of pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment.
Greater self-esteem and self-confidence.
Feeling valued and having made a difference.
· Creating connections and building deeper networking relationships.
Making an impact that can change or shape
someone’s life for the better.
Being a part of a community that works for the
greater good on a global level.
Develop, strengthen, or expand leadership skills.
Acquire job-related skills and improve career
opportunities and advancement.
Earn CIH maintenance points.
By helping others, you help yourself—we all win
when we volunteer! As you consider a volunteer path to pursue, think about your personality, interests, and time commitment and align those values with the opportunities available.
Join the Volunteer Community Today
To learn more about specific volunteer groups, please use the links at the bottom of the page. To join a group, please contact Thursa La or Laurie Mutdosch.