The AIHF Scholarship Application portal is now LIVE!
Applicants have until January 31, 2020 to apply.
For any questions related to the AIHF Scholarship Application process, please contact Janice Allen.
All of the scholarships offered by the AIHF follow these guidelines for application and eligibility.
All full or part time students who will be enrolled in one of the following programs at the start of the Fall 2020 semester are eligible to apply:
- A graduate or undergraduate degree program that is fully ABET-accredited under the Industrial Hygiene Program Criteria, Occupational Health Criteria or under the Environmental, Health, and Safety Program Criteria.
- A graduate public health degree program fully accredited by CEPH, with a program concentration in Environmental Health.
- An Industrial Hygiene or similarly named program offered at a NIOSH-ERC or a NIOSH Training Project Grant in industrial hygiene
- An industrial hygiene or similarly named program at one of the following Canadian institutions: McGill University, University of British Columbia, Universite de Montreal, Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres (UQTR), or University of Toronto.
- The M.S. in Occupational and Environmental Hygiene at New York University. Note: Only NYU students are eligible for the Dr. Morton Lippmann Scholarship.
Students who are not enrolled in any of the listed programs above are still eligible to apply. In order to qualify, a school administrator must complete a separate application justifying why their program/students should be considered for an AIHF scholarship. The deadline to submit a school application form is January 10, 2020.
Supplemental Scholarship Application Materials
When completing the AIHF electronic application, students will also be asked to upload the following supplemental materials*:
- Current resume or CV*.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate programs and if applicable graduate programs (if transcripts are not available students may submit unofficial transcripts/grade reports signed by the Departmental Chair).*
- Professional/Personal Statement. Please make sure that each of the below mandatory points are addressed in your statement:*
- Why do you want to be in the profession?
- Why are you seeking a degree in industrial hygiene?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Why should you receive an AIHF scholarship?
- A digital, high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi) professional photo, suitable for publication to be used at the discretion of AIHF/AIHA in publications, marketing, or solicitation materials.*
- Two letters of recommendations. You will not be asked to upload your two letters of recommendation on the electronic application portal. Letters should be emailed directly by your reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. One reference letter must come from an industrial hygienist. Be sure to emphasize to your reference(s) how important their reference letter is to the decision-making process. Please share the following reference template letter to your references.
The deadline to submit all AIHF application materials is January 31, 2020. All materials must be completed and answered in full. Students who submit a completed scholarship application will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
Review and Selection Process
Scholarships are awarded based on the availability of funds provided through contributions from AIHA members, individuals, corporations, and local sections. The AIHF Scholarship Selection Committee will begin its independent review process in February 2020. All applicants will be notified by early April of the committee’s decision. All scholarship funds will be distributed in the fall of 2020 and all recipients will be recognized publicly at the AIHce EXP 2020, June 1-3 in Atlanta, Georgia.