Goals and Objectives
The elimination of occupational illness and injury in the construction industry through advocacy, education and the promotion of the industrial hygiene practices.
- Provide a recognized source of science-based information to the construction industry and is committed to outreach with emerging professionals, existing AIHA membership and the public.
- Develop and disseminate industrial hygiene and related content focusing on hazards within construction.
- Support partnerships with government, industry, workers and academia to further industrial hygiene practice within construction and influence the direction of construction health and safety research and education.
- Maintain and develop liaisons with other AIHA committees to develop content and tools that will benefit the construction industry.
- Provide education and outreach to local sections and educational facilities to further the industrial hygiene profession and competencies.
Rochelle Crew Memorial Award
The Rochelle Crew Memorial Award is presented in honor and memory of Rochelle Crew, a former member of the committee and instructor of construction safety PDC's.