Big Data & Sensor Technology Vision Statements
- AIHA members are leveraging cutting edge sensor technologies and data management functions to inform risk assessment and management decisions.
- AIHA members understand and possess competencies in the application of sensor technologies and "big data" analytics to provide an integrated profile for hazards and exposures.
- AIHA members have software platforms that use standardized data criteria and tools that facilitate the transfer of data and use of data repositories.
- AIHce EXP on Demand, whether you missed attending AIHce EXP in person or virtually, you don’t have to miss out on the great educational programming that was shared! AIHce OnDemand session recordings bring the best of AIHce EXP directly to you. Choose the topic areas that best meet your education needs and get access to cutting-edge presentations through your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- AIHA University
- Education in Hot Topics & Emerging Issues, stay on the cutting edge of trending topics and emerging issues with insights and research from OEHS industry leaders.
- 2020 eLearning Subscription, if you purchased an eLearning subscription for 2020, welcome! There is some valuable information below for group coordinators and participants.
- An Introduction to Big Data and Big Data Analytics addresses the question: "what is big data and how can it help occupational and environmental health and safety professionals?" This webinar provides an essential introduction to big data and data analytics through a case study that highlights how OEHS professionals and data scientists can work together to handle big data and perform data analytics at their organizations.
- Synergist Webinars are presentations by sponsoring companies on topics of importance to occupational and environmental health and safety professionals.
- Synergist Archives, access to The Synergist archives is a benefit of AIHA membership and will require a member login.
- Predictive Purposes explores the question: "will big data change occupational and environmental health and safety?"
- Synergist Webinar Sponsorships are one-hour educational sessions, broadcast online via streaming audio/video. They consist of a live 45-minute content-based program, with a 15-minute Q&A session.
- Synergist Blogs
- Big Data in EHS
- What's the Big Deal about Big Data?
- Cost Effective and Convenient Exposure Assessment: Could it Be on a Path to Big Data?
- AIHA as Coalition-builder
- A Deep Dive into the Trends that Affect IH/OH
- Embracing Emerging Disciplines
- What Every IH Should Know about AIHA's Content Priorities
- The Process of an Emergency Response
- Survey Finds 50 Percent of Companies Unprepared for OSHA's HCS and GHS Deadline
- Resources for Content Development
- New Champions for Content
- Real-Time Detection Systems: Measuring Exposures
- AIHA Education: Year in Review
- Attract and Retain Young Talent
- Emergency Preparedness and Response after Crisis and Catastrophe
- Trending Our Content
- Preparing for the Future: AIHA's 2019 Environmental Scan
- AIHA Public Policy Agenda for 2019-2020
- The Evolving Role of Sensors to Protect Worker Health
- NIOSH Addresses Use (and Misuse) of Sensors
- Embracing Emerging Disciplines
- A New Wave of Technology: Are We Ready?
- Climate Change and Occupational Health
- NIOSH to Address Health, Safety Challenges of Automation in Mining
- The Machines are Coming: NIOSH Speakers Preview the Future of Occupational Robotics
- NIOSH to Accept Further Input on Mining Automation and Safety Research
- NIOSH Expands Focus of TWH to Address Emerging Issues
- AIHA Releases its First-Ever Biennial State of AIHA Research Report (Feb '19) The report is an analysis of the trends and issues affecting the field of occupational and environmental health and safety, including the changing workplace landscape, big data, total worker exposure and exposure banding.
- AIHA Issues Its First Public Policy Agenda (Jan '19) Covering the years 2019 through 2020, this plan focuses attention on 15 of the nation’s most important worker health and safety issues.
- Content Portfolio Advisory Group (CPAG) helps advance AIHA’s mission and values by providing input and advice to the AIHA Board and staff regarding the content AIHA provides to members and other stakeholders. Content may include documents, articles, white papers, fact sheets, publications and more. Here you can find information on how you can contribute to the development and advocacy of AIHA content. To see current initiatives, please visit the Big Data and Sensor Technology Dashboard.
- Aerosol Technology Committee provides a forum for exchanging ideas and information about aerosols as they impact the workplace, the community, the public, the environment, and to participate in the development and analysis of related technological and regulatory issues.
- Computer Applications Committee provides a forum for advancing the use of computer applications by OEHS professionals.
- Exposure Assessment Strategies Committee provides leadership in the field of exposure assessment and strategies for OEHS professionals.
- Leadership and Management Committee promotes the health and safety of all workers, the public, and the environment through the development of core leadership competencies of OEHS professionals.
- Real-Time Detection Systems Committee provides effective leadership in the field of Real-Time Detection Systems by maintaining knowledge of past and present tools and methods related to the field.
- Sampling and Lab Analysis Committee provides a forum for exchanging ideas and information about sampling and analysis of chemicals as they impact the workplace and the community, and to participate in the development and analysis of related technological and regulatory issues.
- Communication and Training Committee provides a forum for discussion and recommendations on methods for education, training, and communicating with employees, employers, and the community about occupational and environmental health risks and allied topics.
- Noise Committee provides health professionals, industry, and the community a forum for disseminating and exchanging ideas and information about the effects of exposure to noise and vibration.