- Advance the principles, policies, and practices of the NIOSH Office for Total Worker Health.
- Participate in activities in support of the NIOSH Office for Total Worker Health, such as:
- Conducting joint research.
- Developing programs, interventions, and other work products.
- Collaborating on seminars, meetings, training, and educational events.
- Creating and disseminating publications and other communication products.
- Cross-promote individual and joint activities.
- Meet with NIOSH at least annually to review responsibilities, current activities, and progress.
Goals and Objectives
- Exploring existing assets that have been prepared by NIOSH and their six Centers of Workplace Health to see what AIHA can leverage for the IH profession.
- Ensuring at least one AIHA representative attends every future TWH affiliate meeting and call.
- Being the primary point of contact with other affiliates and NIOSH’s TWH Centers to explore collaboration.
- Developing a strategic plan for what products or services AIHA might develop to benefit its members and the IH/OH professional community.
- Developing vision and initiatives related to the industrial hygienist’s role in TWH, including forwarding the topic of Total Exposure Health within the industrial hygiene profession and TWH initiative.
- Liaising with AIHA’s Content Portfolio Advisory Group (CPAG) to ensure the content priority “Total Worker Exposure” is aligned with AIHA’s TWH efforts.
For more information, please contact Alla Orlova.