Serving the Changing Workforce Vision Statements
- OEHS professionals are aware of the importance of non-traditional exposure profiles (i.e., multiple employers, gig work, telecommuting).
- OEHS professionals are aware of the changing workforce (i.e., aging, chronic disease).
- OEHS professionals are aware of the causes shaping changes in the workforce (global economic shifts, migration) to understand the implications of said changes better.
Bodies of Work
Volunteer Committees’ Bodies of Work include White Papers, Guidance Documents, Fact Sheets, and Position Statements. Access an extensive library of resources developed by AIHA Volunteer Committees in their areas of specialty on various topics of interest.
Frameworks are written by appointed members and volunteers that worked collaboratively to develop guides, which outline the knowledge and skills a competent person should possess and be able to demonstrate in a specific topic or specialty.
- Technical Framework: Role of the OEHS Professional in Continuity Planning outlines what roles OEHS professionals must prepare for in continuity planning. Continuity planning is necessary to ensure that work organizations continue to operate during periods of disruption.
The Lens of Minority Populations in the Workplace During COVID-19 is designed to bring awareness to health and safety program elements that may impact minority populations. Attendees will receive a two-page paper and checklist you can put to use immediately.
- Preparing Employees for Virtual Training Success
- Verifying Engineering Controls: The Critical Role of Emerging Technology
- What every IH/OEHS Should Know about AHIA's Research Report
- AIHA Education: A Year in Review
- AIHA Newsletters help keep people on top of the latest news and updates within AIHA and the OEHS industry.
- Content Portfolio Advisory Group (CPAG) helps advance AIHA’s mission and values by providing input and advice to the AIHA Board and staff regarding the content AIHA provides to members and other stakeholders. Content may include documents, articles, white papers, fact sheets, publications, and more. Here you can find information on how you can contribute to the development and advocacy of AIHA content. To see current initiatives, please visit the Serving the Changing Workforce Dashboard.
- Risk Committee supports and promotes human health risk assessment to better understand and control the hazards found within the workplace and environmental settings.
- Exposure Assessment Strategies Committee provides leadership in exposure assessment and strategies for environmental health, safety, and industrial hygiene professionals.
- Ergonomics Committee provides a forum to advance the use of ergonomic principles in industrial hygiene practice and exchange and disseminate to health professionals and the community ideas and information about ergonomics and human factors.
- Social Concerns Committee provides a forum for identifying, discussing, and sharing with the AIHA community on various social issues related to occupational and environmental health and safety.
- Healthcare Working Group creates a forum for health care EH&S professionals to discuss issues of concern, share best practices, and promote positive change.
- Women in IH Working Group provides a platform for professional women to support career development, promote leadership skills, and share information relevant to women working in OEHS.