Communicating OEHS Concepts Vision Statements
- AIHA is a champion for generating awareness and promoting the value of the OEHS profession the U.S. business sector and broader general public. Tangential to this, AIHA leads in fostering student interest in OEHS careers to ensure a sustainable and viable pipeline of professionals.
- AIHA develops practice tools to support OEHS professionals in how they communicate concepts of risk assessment, analysis and management with various audiences, at all levels within a company as well as to surrounding communities.
- AIHA educational offerings always include a take-away message on how to make the business case for a proposed technical solution that reflects the concepts of risk management and positive impact on the bottom line.
- AIHA leverages best-in-class offerings to empower OEHS professionals with critical soft skills needed to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Ethics in Risk Management - Complex, Prickly, Paradoxical explores a wide range of topics in regard to ethics in risk management, while sharing experiences and real-life outcomes. Various scenarios will be addressed using the AIHA code of ethics as a framework for discussion. Anyone who assesses exposure, renders opinions, provides advice, or administers training, either locally or globally, including those who work in the field, laboratories, management, or anywhere between will benefit from this webinar. In short, ethics, decision-making, and their intersection is complex and affects all types of OEHS professionals. The recent pandemic, the economic fallout, and social ramifications highlight this.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence (aka Emotional Quotient) explores how to practice high levels of emotional intelligence (EI). Managing professional relationships ties directly into EI, making or breaking the changes at getting a promotion, closing a deal, or achieving any business endeavor. Presented by Larry Sloan, AIHA’s CEO, and Stacey Croghan, a founding member of the Women in Industrial Hygiene committee, this webinar describes the nature of emotional intelligence and how necessary it can be to move up the organizational ladder and achieve career success.
- Communicating with Impact gives OEHS professionals valuable presentation techniques to make the case for their technical decisions and business needs, ultimately invoking the desired action from their audience. This webinar answers the question of how industrial hygienists can clearly and persuasively communicate complex information to colleagues, stakeholders and business partners.
- Take Charge of Your Career: Roadmap to Success gives tips on planning your OEHS career by reviewing how to develop a skills inventory of both technical and “soft” skills based on the recently updated AIHA Core Competencies publication. Soft skills (or power skills as they are sometimes called) are just as important to your career success as technical competencies.
- Decision-Making in Managing Risks: Navigating the Prickly and the Paradoxical
- Preparing for the Future: AIHA's 2019 Environmental Scan
- What Every IH Should Know about AIHA's Content Priority
- AIHA Education: Year in Review
- AIHA Newsletters help keep people stay on top of the latest news and updates within AIHA and the OEHS industry.
- AIHA Air Quality Webpage addresses how although most of the concern about air quality originally focused on the workplace, more people are looking for answers to health and comfort problems occurring in their own home.
- Center for Safety and Health Sustainability recognizes and acts on the value of occupational safety, health and well-being as part of their sustainable business practices.
- Content Portfolio Advisory Group (CPAG) helps advance AIHA’s mission and values by providing input and advice to the AIHA Board and staff regarding the content AIHA provides to members and other stakeholders. Content may include documents, articles, white papers, fact sheets, publications and more. Here you can find information on how you can contribute to the development and advocacy of AIHA content. To see current initiatives, please visit the Communicating OEHS Concepts dashboard.
- Risk Committee supports and promotes the application of human health risk assessment to better understand and control the hazards found within workplace and environmental settings.
- Leadership and Management Committee promotes the health and safety of all workers, the public, and the environment through the development of core leadership competencies of OEHS professionals.
- Communication and Training Methods Committee provides a forum for discussion and recommendations on methods for education, training, and communicating with employees, employers, and the community about occupational and environmental health risks and allied topics.