$272 Member | $299 Non-member
This introductory toxicology training material is designed to be used as a reference guide to toxicology that will help improve your ability to understand and use toxicological data/information in your daily work.
Created by a toxicologist and chemist, this course comprises over 5 hours of video presentations accompanied by lecture notes, copies of the slides used and other handouts. There is also a comprehensive list of online toxicological resources, a full glossary of terms, and comment boxes throughout the website where questions can be posted.
- Exposure and dose (exposure routes/duration, dose-response concept, NOAELs and LOAELs)
- Local effects – irritation and corrosion (Eye irritation & corrosion, skin irritation & corrosion)
- Systemic effects (Toxicokinetics, Acute toxicity, Repeated dose toxicity, Carcinogenicity, Genetic toxicity, Respiratory & skin allergies, Reproductive and developmental effects)
- Target organ effects (The liver, kidneys, nervous system, respiratory tract, cardiovascular system and blood)
- Toxicity testing (Assessment of toxicity, Acute toxicity testing, Repeated dose toxicity testing, Assessment of carcinogenicity, Assessment of genetic toxicity, Reproductive and developmental toxicity testing, Assessment of skin and respiratory allergies, Testing for irritation and corrosion)
- Human health risk assessment (Human health risk assessment)
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the significance of dose-response relationships.
- Discuss the effects of toxic substances on organ systems.
- Explain how toxicology tests are performed.
Time to complete
This course will take approximately 6 hours to complete. You will have up to 12 months from your purchase date to complete your coursework, successfully pass the online final exam and complete the evaluation.
Toxicology Training Online comprises over 5 hours of video presentations accompanied by lecture notes, copies of the slides used and other handouts. There is also a comprehensive list of online toxicological resources, a full glossary of terms, and a final exam and evaluation.
Toxicology Training Online has been designed to be used on a standalone computer, laptop, iPad or smart phone.
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.
Laura Robinson, MSc
Laura Robinson is a qualified Toxicologist (MSc) & Chemist (BSc (Hons)) with over fifteen years experience in occupational, safety and environmental-related issues and chemical compliance.
For over a decade, Robinson has worked in industry dealing with issues related to the use of hazardous chemicals in the workplace. Like many of her colleagues in industry, she began working as a chemist and moved into Health and Safety and Regulatory Affairs with a great interest in occupational toxicology.
Robinson is the author of Toxicology and Ecotoxicology in Chemical Safety Assessment and Handbook of Toxicology and Ecotoxicology for the Pulp and Paper Industry. She is currently working on her third book.