Conference Promo Pricing: Member $320/ Non-Member $400/ Student $300
Member $400 | Non-Member $500 | Student $400
This intermediate self-study workbook course is intended as a follow-up to AIHA University’s introductory course, Introduction to IH Analytical Chemistry. It is intended for laboratory chemists and technicians who analyze routine IH air samples in accredited laboratories, but who may have little or no formal training in industrial hygiene.
Both of the "IH Analytical Chemistry" courses are designed to support the Body of Knowledge used to develop the IH Chemist Certification. This new credential is being offered to laboratory IH chemists by the National Registry of Certified Chemists (NRCC) and was developed under an MOU with AIHA and AIHA Registry Programs. Save $125 when you bundle both courses together!
Go beyond the basics outlined in the introductory course with an in-depth review of concepts that underlie IH sampling and analysis as well as a detailed exposition of specific techniques such as aerosol sampling and indoor air quality.
- Validation of Sampling Methods
- Selection of Sampling Methods
- Indoor Air Quality
- Use of Standard Methods
- Advanced Sampling and Analysis of Aerosols
Purchasing 6 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Interpret a method evaluation report issued by OSHA or any other source of air sampling methods.
- Classify sampling methods according to type and select an appropriate sampling method for an IH task.
- Gain an effective understanding of how to approach sampling in Indoor Air Quality.
- Explain the role of consensus standards, and how consensus standards and methods outlined in these standards relate to sampling and testing performed in the field.
- Describe the methods used for sampling and analysis of organic and inorganic aerosols.
- Describe the methods used for sampling and analysis of pharmaceuticals.
- Validation of Air Sampling/Analysis Methods
- Selection of Air Sampling/Analysis Methods
- Indoor Air Quality Investigations
- Consensus Standards and Their Use
- IH Sampling of Aerosols
- Lab Analysis of Inorganic Aerosols
- Specialized Aerosol Sampling and Analysis
You will have up to 3 months from your purchase date to complete it. After reviewing the workbook, you must complete the online exam and evaluation. Details are included in the workbook.
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.
Mary Eide is retired from OSHA Salt Lake Technical Center where she worked for 33 years as a chemist, and is a Past Chair of the AIHA Sampling and Laboratory Analysis Committee. While at OSHA, Ms. Eide developed 9 validated sampling and analytical methods, 101 partially validated methods, and performed many studies. Additionally, she served as a member of the OSHA Forensics Team for 20 years assisting in investigations of major industrial accidents and fatalities. Ms. Eide has taught a PDC on air sampling strategies and received the Secretary of Labor Outstanding Achievement Award for her work in developing standards for hexavalent chromium, diacetyl, and acetoin.
Charles R. (Gus) Manning, PhD, CIH
Charles R. (Gus) Manning received his PhD in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Kansas. Since founding Assay Technology in 1981, his work has focused on the development of air sampling and analytical lab test technologies. He is a CIH and a Past Chair of the AIHA Committee on Sampling and Lab Analysis. He is currently the President and Technical Director of Assay Technology, a sampler manufacturer which also operates two AIHA-accredited laboratories.