$499 Member | $699 Non-Member | $499 Student
This online self-study course is designed to assist hazard communication professionals preparing to take the AIHA Registry Programs’ SDS and Label Authoring Registry competency assessment.
Broken into eight parts, this series addresses both the knowledge and skills portions of the assessment by focusing on the eight rubrics defined as the competency framework for SDS and label authoring. A final exam is not included, but we strongly recommend reviewing the practice questions provided in the SDS & Label Authoring Registry Proficiency Study Guide (a complimentary resource).
Course content is intermediate to advanced and is intended for those who have much of the education, training, and experience expected by the AIHA Registry. Taking this course is perfect as a final "tune-up" prior to sitting for the competency assessment or as an initial assessment of your knowledge and skills within a comprehensive assessment preparation strategy.
Please note: It is not required to take this prep course in order to sit for the Registry Program competency assessment and completion does not guarantee admission into the SDS and Label Authoring Registry program. Successful completion of this course translates to 1.3 qualification points applicable for the Registry Program exam application.
Purchasing 6 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
1 - Math and Science
- Units of measure and conversions
- Atoms and molecules
- Elements and compounds
- Chemical classes and types
- Simple mixtures and reaction products
- Stability and reactivity
2 - GHS & Hazard Communication
- History and Application of the GHS
- Understanding the Purple Book
- Product labels
- Safety data sheets
3 - Physical Hazards
- Flammable gases, liquids & solids
- Self-reactive substances and mixtures
- Pyrophoric liquids & solids
- Self-heating substances and mixtures
- Oxidizing gases, liquids & solids
- Corrosive to metal
4 - Health Hazards
- Acute toxicity
- Skin & eye corrosion & irritation
- Respiratory & skin sensitization
- Reproductive & target organ toxicity
- Aspiration hazard
5 - Environmental Hazards
- Acute aquatic toxicity
- Chronic aquatic toxicity
- Hazardous to the ozone layer
- Accidental releases
- Disposal methods
6 - Industrial Hygiene and Safety
- Exposure assessment
- Exposure limits
- Engineering controls
- Personnel protective equipment
- Firefighting and control
- Storage and handling
7 - Risk Analysis
- Risk assessment
- Risk management and communication
8 - Associated Regulations and Consensus Standards
- Global implementation of GHS
- Chemical control regulations
You will have up to 3 months from your purchase date to complete the course and submit for credit.
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.