Description: A live, virtual event that is an educational or instructive session that includes audio and visual communication between a speaker and their audience.
Target Audience: OEHS/IH or public audience
Right for Me? Choose this format if you want to share OEHS information, trends, technology, and best practices with a live audience outside of our AIHce conference program.
- Typical duration options include: 60; 90; and 120 minutes
- Webinar Formats can include:
- Interview Webinar: Moderator interviews expert in the field on a topic, based on pre-determined questions
- Panel Webinar: a panel of up to 3 experts come together to discuss a topic, offering different perspectives. A moderator is helpful to facilitate the discussion
- Presentation Webinar: One or more presenters, typically presenting on discrete parts of a topic
- Recommend time allotted to learner questions during or at the end of the presentation
Submission & Approval Process Guidelines for University Webinars
Step 1: Staff review internal data to determine topical priorities for AIHA University Webinars and determine the total amount of webinar programming to be offered each year. Factors we look at include:
- Gap Analysis, member or subscriber needs assessments/surveys
- Synergist topics/search items
- Upcoming publications, technical frameworks
- Committee Business Plans
- Sales Data of existing products
- Budget for execution
Step 2: Staff reaches out to SMEs in priority topical areas to gauge interest in collaborating.
Step 3: Webinar Description Form is provided to potential presenters
- Learning Objectives, learning levels and topics
- Preferred Timing and Duration
Step 4: Once the form is received, the webinar topic is evaluated based on identified topical priorities and feasibility is evaluated based on capacity and time to adequately market the program.
Step 5: Webinar Decision Made by Staff
- Move ahead with scheduling webinar
- Refer webinar to another internal group (Synergist webinar series, Product Stewardship Society, etc.)
- Hold webinar topic for future year
- Decline the webinar
Ready to submit your idea?
Ideas for publications, e-learning, articles, blogs, tool kits, and document translations can be submitted to AIHA using the Content Proposal Form. In-person teachings (i.e., PDCs and sessions at AIHce) are submitted during the annual Call for Proposals that usually occur in June of each year and close in September.
Once a proposal is submitted, an AIHA staff member will review your proposal and may contact you if clarification is needed. Additional steps may be warranted depending on the type of product you are looking to develop.
For publications and webinars, please check out the AIHA University before submitting a proposal to avoid proposing a product that we already offer. You may want to contact us about product viability prior to submitting a proposal as we know our market and can help you focus your proposal.