Scope of Work
Through training, publications, open exchanges, and social interaction, we share information, ideas, and resources on confined space hazards, related industrial hygiene issues, safe work practices, and injury prevention.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide interesting and new speaker ideas to the AIHce.
- To provide educational PDCs at the AIHce.
- To provide accident information to the committee members.
- Technical Presentations at AIHce 2022 – Notable Confined Spaces (unusual confined spaces, challenging entries, and creative controls).
- Professional Development Courses for AIHce 2022.
- Confined Space Rescue demonstration for AIHce 2022.
- AIHA Outstanding Volunteer Group ( 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011)
- Awarded Shining Star Award (2019), and Rising Star Award (2017)
Products Produced by the Group
Publications: "Prevention through Design: Eliminating Confined Spaces and Minimizing Hazards Guidance Document."
Qualifications to Join
Members must be an AIHA member in good standing. If you are interested in learning more about membership, please visit https://www.aiha.org/membership.