Goals and Objectives
- Creates a forum for healthcare EH&S professionals to discuss issues of concern, share best practices, and promote positive change.
- Provides education and training on healthcare occupational safety and health issues.
- Publishes guidelines and white papers related to hot topics, such as airborne infectious diseases, waterborne pathogens and selection and use of disinfectants.
- Identifies, evaluates, and comments on proposed legislation, regulations and standards affecting healthcare health and safety.
- Responds to AIHA Board requests to address specific issues.
The Healthcare Working Group is composed of project teams, which are developed around common issues affecting occupational health and safety professionals in healthcare. There are currently four project teams.
- Hazardous Drugs
- Infection Prevention
- Hazard Evaluation and Control Techniques
- Home Health
- EPA: Ethylene Oxide (ETO): Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities Must Use a Single Chamber when Sterilizing Medical Equipment with ETO