Goals and Objectives
- Achieve and maintain an active membership encompassing a broad range of industries that use radiation and radioactive materials as a key part of their business.
- Establish and maintain a formal relationship with targeted standard setting for both the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), research, and federal and state regulatory agencies active in the technical areas of radiation safety and health physics.
- Initiate and sustain activities to encourage new and existing health and safety professionals and radiation safety officers to develop skills, expertise, and interest in hazards and emerging issues associated with the use of radioactive materials and radiation generating machines.
- Achieve and maintain excellence in committee operations through judicious use of volunteer resources, active engagement with all related AIHA volunteer groups and staff along with formalized mentoring and development of members.
- Provides opportunity to advance the knowledge base of fellow industrial hygienists, many of whom are requested to serve as radiation safety officers at their respective companies. Committee members meet each year at AIHce and other professional conferences, as well as maintain contact through teleconferences during the year.