Goals and Objectives
Develop the AIHA Noise Committee as the preeminent source of information and strategies to reduce occupational noise and vibration induced illnesses and injuries.
- Discuss and Act
Discuss and act upon noise, vibration, and hearing conservation issues.
Provide education and training on noise, vibration, and hearing conservation issues.
Identify, evaluate, and comment on proposed legislation, regulations, standards, and guidelines affecting noise, vibration, and hearing conservation issues.
Learn About the Noise Committee
Outstanding Noise Lecture
- 2010: Rick Neitzel, "Improving Noise Exposure Estimates through the Use of Hybrid Assessment Techniques"
- OSHA Technical Manual for Noise
- NIOSH Evaluation of Smartphone Sound Measurement Applications
- Australian Noise Database
- European Noise Database
Governmental & Professional Organizations
- OSHA Occupational Noise Exposure
- NIOSH Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation
- National Hearing Conservation Association