Based on the Field Use of Direct Reading Instruments for the Detection of Gases and Vapors Technical Framework, this certificate program provides education on the competencies listed in the Operations Level.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Instrument Use and Operation - Calibration
- Module 3: Chemical Properties and Exposure Limits
- Module 4: Instrument Technology and Operational Theory
- Module 5: Instrument Selection
- Module 6: Data Interpretation and Datalogging
- Module 7: Sampling Strategies in Incident Response
- Module 8: Instrument Maintenance
- Module 9: Instrument Troubleshooting
Purchasing 6 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
Why a certificate program?
A certificate program awards tangible proof that knowledge was achieved and/or skills mastered.
Who Will Benefit
This course is intended for the Operations Level user of direct-reading instruments. This user typically works without close supervision or routine compliance reviews, but consults higher-level person(s) for assistance as needed. They may supervise the performance of work by others. They have subject-area expertise and may be consulted for assistance; provide hands-on assistance when needed; and are charged with instrument maintenance.
Time to Complete
This course will take approximately 4 hours to complete. Participants will have 90 days to complete the education and take the assessment.
Web Course Materials
All course materials are provided as PDF downloads via the online classroom (registrant-access only). No hardcopy materials are mailed for this course.
Registrants connect and get unlimited 24/7 web access for 90 days from date of purchase. Materials in this course include:
- A full eLearning suite of 9 modules incorporating presentation video and interactive activities
- Technical Framework: Field Use of Direct-Reading Instruments for Detection of Gases and Vapors
To successfully complete this course in the online classroom, participants must view the presentation in its entirety, complete all module activities, and pass an assessment. An online evaluation of the course is included as part of the credit submission process.
Have questions or need additional information? Email us!