Member $199 | Non-Member $299 | Student $199
Updated in 2016, this self-study is designed to guide the student through a series of lessons on laboratory quality management system and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures. Participants will learn the basic elements required for an effective laboratory quality program and what is required to implement a QA/QC program. Information is presented to assist the participant in applying the QA/QC procedures to each phase of data production from preparation for sample collection through receipt of a final report in order to reduce or eliminate errors in the process. The course also includes information for ongoing evaluation of laboratory QA/QC programs that help ensure continued improvement in the program.
A basic knowledge of laboratory analytical procedures and an introduction to statistics or mathematics.
- Laboratory Quality Management System
- Organization and Management System
- Document Control through Complaints
- Non-conforming Testing Work through Preventive Action
- Control of Records, Internal Audits, and Management Review
- General, Personnel, and Accommodation and Environment
- Elementary Statistics
- Test Methods and Method Validation
- Estimation of Uncertainty of Measurement and Control of Data
- Equipment and Traceability of Measurement
- Sampling and Handling of Test Items
- Assuring the Quality of Tests, Data Reduction and Validation, and Reporting the Test Results
Purchasing 6 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
Who Will Benefit
- Industrial hygienists
- Laboratory bench chemists
- Laboratory quality staff
- Laboratory management
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Explore the concepts of quality assurance and quality control
- Describe basic elements required for an effective laboratory quality program
- Determine requirements to implement and evaluate a QA/QC program
- Identify requirements for laboratory accreditation
- Discuss how defined principles affect analytical data
Time to Complete
This course will take approximately 40 hours to complete. Students will have up to 6 months from their enrollment date to complete it.
Materials are accessible and downloadable via the course Online Community (registrant-access only).
- Student manual- includes learning objectives, and competency exercises designed to reinforce the material presented in the course and is designed to lead the student through the learning process.
- Reading materials- includes ISO/IEC 17025:2005, selected AIHA-LAP, LLC policy modules, attachments, and appendices
- Final Exam & Evaluation
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.