Member $400 | Non-Member $500 | Student $400
Updated in 2020, this self-study course is designed to guide the student through a series of lessons on laboratory quality management system and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures.
Participants will learn the basic elements required for an effective laboratory quality program and what is required to implement a QA/QC program system that is compliant with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and the requirements of accreditation bodies like AIHA Laboratory Accreditation Programs (AIHA LAP, LLC).
The information presented will assist participants in applying the QA/QC procedures to each phase of data production. from preparation for sample collection through receipt of a final report, in order to reduce or eliminate errors in the process. The course also includes information for ongoing evaluation of laboratory QA/QC programs that help ensure continued improvement in the program.
Those laboratories seeking accreditation should be certain to review all current requirements of the accreditation body prior to applying for accreditation since requirements may change.
A basic knowledge of laboratory analytical procedures and an introduction to statistics or mathematics.
- Laboratory Quality Management System
- General Requirements and Structural Requirements
- Resource Requirements: General, Personnel, Facilities and Environmental Conditions, and Equipment
- Resource Requirements: Metrological Traceability and Externally Provided Products and Services.
- Process Requirements: Review of Requests, Tenders and Contracts and Selection, Verification, and Validation of Methods
- Process Requirements: Sampling, Handling of Test or Calibration Items, and Technical Records
- Elementary Statistics
- Process Requirements: Evaluation of Measurement Uncertainty, Ensuring the Validity of Results, and Reporting of Results
- Process Requirements: Complaints, Nonconforming Work and Control of Data and Information Management
- Management System Requirements: Options, Management System Documentation, Control of Management System Documents, and Control of Records
- Management System Requirements: Actions to Address Risks and Opportunities, Improvement, and Corrective Actions
- Management System Requirements: Internal Audits and Management Reviews
Purchasing 10 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
Who Will Benefit
- Industrial hygienists
- Laboratory bench chemists
- Laboratory quality staff
- Laboratory management
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Explore the concepts of quality assurance and quality control
- Describe basic elements required for an effective laboratory quality program
- Determine requirements to implement and evaluate a QA/QC program
- Identify requirements for laboratory accreditation
- Discuss how defined principles affect analytical data
Time to Complete
This course will take approximately 40 hours to complete. Students will have up to 6 months from their date of purchase to complete it.
Course materials are accessible and downloadable via the course Online Community (registrant-access only). No hardcopy materials are mailed for this course.
To successfully submit credit for this course in the online classroom, participants work through the self-study materials and pass an assessment. This assessment and the online course evaluation are included as part of the credit submission process.
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.