Member $400/Non-Member $500
Recorded in November 2020, this course has been updated to cover the 2021 NFPA 70E requirements. It covers principles needed to protect the worker during energized work from shock and arc flash hazards through personnel protection. A chronological sequence will be provided for implementing an electrical hazard control and program management, as are updated requirements and interpretation of the 2021 Edition of NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace).
- NFPA 70E Background.
- Management/Work Practice Considerations (Qualified Person Definition, Justification for Energized Work).
- Personnel Protection (Personal Protective Equipment, Arc Rated Clothing, Application of Protective Equipment Arc Flash Boundaries, Approach Boundaries, Equipment Labeling).
- Electrical Safety Program Implementation (General Procedures, Work Permit, Contractor/Host Employer Relationship, Auditing & Training Requirements).
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe personnel protection/management requirements and practices for energized work.
- Apply safety-related work practices for energized systems (e.g., protective clothing, PPE, and approach and flash boundaries).
- Develop risk assessment techniques for energized work.
- Implement training requirements for qualified persons.
- Establish an electrical safety program.
- Apply skills learned through hands-on exercises on risk assessment.
- Make personnel protection assignments based on shock and arc flash potential.
Who will benefit
Industrial Hygienists tasked to protect workers from shock and arc flash hazards through personal protection.
Attendees should have completed basic electrical safety at a previous AIHce or general knowledge of electrical hazards. ***It is required that attendees purchase a copy of “NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace”, as it will be used during the course. PLEASE NOTE: A PDF version of this text is not available.***
Time to complete
Participants will have 90 days from the date of purchase to view the session recordings and submit the online evaluation for credit.
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.
Paul A. Zoubek, CIH, CSP, CESCP, SMS, Zoubek Consulting, LLC, San Diego, CA
Paul A Zoubek, CIH, CSP, CESCP, SMS is president with Zoubek Consulting, LLC in San Diego and is a nationally recognized consultant in the area of electrical safety. He provides expert advice in the areas of management and engineering control of electrical hazards for companies nationwide. He advises companies in the areas of engineering electrical hazard control, written electrical safety program development, and training. He presents electrical safety courses annually at ASSP and AIHA conferences. He is a member of ASSP’s risk assessment committee and is an instructor for ASSP’s Risk Assessment Certificate Program. He has presented numerous training courses and written several articles on electrical safety/arc flash focusing on NFPA 70E.